Monday, July 24, 2017

Week 8: Called ~ The End of Emptiness


Called. I looked up the definition of the word called and this one caught my attention - "to give a name to".  That's what Jesus does, He gives us a name.  Our family name shows to what family we belong to and it's just like that with Jesus, when we belong to Jesus we are part of His family...we are called.  Forgiven and set free to enjoy this life with Jesus instead of strive and toil.

In this week's video, Jennie reminds us again that Jesus says you don't have to be perfect, I've been perfect for you.  Isn't that a relief, isn't that a comfort?  The more I am obedient and walk in my calling, my relationship with Jesus and live sold out to Him, the less empty I feel.  When I said "anything" to Jesus He showed me things beyond what I could've ever imagined.  This calling leaves me fulfilled.  And the more I trust Him and obey Him, the more fulfilled I am.  It's not about doing big things, it's about being obedient to Jesus...saying yes to Him.  What if we all just did the thing God put in us to do every day? - Jennie Allen (Proven)

This week we will see how our obedience flows out of a relationship with Jesus, out of being loved.  Jesus shows the disciples this extravagant love in John 21...what love!

This week:
Watch the Lesson 8 video ~ Click Here ~
Read NTP (if you have it): Chapter 11 "No Longer Empty" and "Final Thoughts"
Proven Study Guide: Lesson 8 (Read/Study John 21)
Answer Questions from the study guide (pages 152-153)
Describe the apostles' fishing experience prior to Jesus appearing on shore.

What was different after Jesus appeared?

Describe Peter's response to seeing Jesus.

Why do you think Peter responded this way?

What did Jesus provide for His disciples that morning?

What do you think He wanted from them in that moment?

What do you think He wants from you in this moment?


 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...