Thursday, July 27, 2017

Be with Jesus

If there's one thing (there's actually many) but if there's one thing that's been speaking to my heart a lot or the most is this: "Be with Jesus"...spend time with Him, everything else will fall into place if I will just spend time with Him.  That's where change will happen, that's where I will really follow His will because I will know Him more and I know the next right step to take.  This week, emptiness...calling...and it doesn't depend upon us, who we are, but who He is and the more time we spend with Him, the more we will realize this and let it sink in.

He wants us to be with Him and then give away what we have been given from being with Him. - Jennie Allen (Nothing to Prove)

Sounds pretty simple doesn't it?  Why do we make things so hard?  Because I want to be seen, to be admired, to be loved...by people?  This CD launch is exciting and kind of a big deal (it would appear) and I want it to be perfect, I want to be perfect...but what if it's not?  Who cares?  I had a reality check the other day, I'm not going to play keys for the concert Saturday...there goes my crutch, I suddenly realized that I won't have the lyrics in front of me...panic attack?  What if I forget the lyrics to my own stinkin' songs?  So what.  And then I thought, what if I do forget or what if I do use lyrics?  What does it matter?  I have NOTHING TO PROVE!  But boy does it seem like I do right now!  And then I get the gentle reminder that Jesus is enough and no matter what, it'll be ok...that I don't have to prove myself, Jesus has done such a work in me and that's what I need to show, to give away...my performance is meaningless, but my worship needs to be about Him, for Him.

To simply display God has become my greatest goal. What could be a greater calling than to live so that God's great grace is magnified in our lives? - Jennie Allen (Nothing to Prove).

So, this week and always...let's seek Him, spend time with Him, abide in Him.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...