Sunday, July 2, 2017

Proven: Week 5 ~ Risk: The End of Passivity

Risk for the Glory of God...is He worth it to you?  The weeks prior have been leading up to this...RISK, anything for Jesus!  I cried watching this week's video, if you haven't watched any sessions watch this one...please.

This week we are going to be studying Jesus healing the blind man on the Sabbath, Jesus' risk and the blind man's risk.  When we build and move for the glory of God we have nothing to prove and nothing to fear!  The rhythm of the world is safety, the rhythm of grace is risk.  Risk your comfort and step out in compassion, compassion for a lost and dying world. What price are you willing to pay so others can see?  Can see the Savior and be free?

Risk forces us to need Him, to need Jesus!  I am so inadequate, I need Jesus, I can do nothing on my own.  Jennie talks about humility and pride this week as well...pride keeps us passive and not willing to risk.  God put music in my heart for a reason, to use it for His Glory!  My pride kept me stagnant, it wasn't humility.  My pride kept me passive and I sat on my gifts for a long time calling it being content with what God had given me but really not doing what He called me to do.  Let me be real, I have moments of insecurity when I lead people in worshiping Jesus, I feel unsure of myself and sometimes like a bumbling idiot.  BUT, I am secure in who I am in Christ (most days), my risk forces me to rely on Him, on His Spirit in me to do whatever He wants, whatever He has called me to.  Here's an example: I do prison ministry, to most that is probably a risk but I have never been afraid or thought it "risky" at all, I love it!  Here's the risk... We were at a prison service last Spring and I told my testimony and led worship, at the end a man told me his sister had a TV ministry in North Carolina and that I needed to meet her.  So, I risked, I called her and we talked and prayed together and she asked me to come to a conference, she flew me and another woman to North Carolina last December; I flew with a woman I had never met, I sat on a panel with 7 black women who were all amazing and confident and yes, I felt inadequate and maybe even out of place but most of all... I felt peaceful...because I knew who I was to Jesus and in Jesus.  And I immediately loved these women and they loved me.  God has let me experience amazing things because of risking, the most amazing is seeing the lost come to faith in Him.

Let's not go through our Christian lives and risk very little for the cause of Christ.  Risking for Jesus is worth it.  What is your greatest hindrance in risking for Christ?  Let's not settle for comfortable but be willing to give up everything to follow Jesus.  Let's pray "Anything you want me to do, Lord, I'll do it for you!"

This week:
Watch the Lesson 5 video ~ Click Here ~
Read NTP (if you have it): Chapter 8 "No Longer Passive"
Proven Study Guide: Lesson 5 (Read/Study John 9)
Answer Questions from the study guide (pages 92-93)
What details do you notice about Jesus' interaction with the blind man?

How did the blind man respond to his healing?

How did the Pharisees respond to the healing?

Why was dealing with Jesus so difficult for them?

What do you think Jesus wants us to understand by His healing on the Sabbath?

It is appropriate to post this song along with this week's study.  A song I wrote last Summer "Anything".

https://youtu.be/zzyBqI3W4i0

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...