Wednesday, August 24, 2016

What is Too Much?


Are we afraid God is going to ask for something that will cost us too much? At least in our own eyes? Are we afraid we won't let go of our easy, comfortable lives and we will actually tell God no? If we choose nothing then that's what we are saying...no, to our invisible, almighty, incredible God. Is the cost too great? What if we lose our health, spouse, children, homes...what if in our obedience souls are won to Christ and the kingdom of God is built on our sacrifice to obey His calling?

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." Acts 1:8

This all seems so big, so overwhelmingly difficult but yet we know that this is what we are called to as children of God...obedience, a willingness to follow Christ regardless of where it takes us - not out of duty but out of love for our Savior.  I want to love Him like that, with everything that I am, willing to do and go wherever He wants to lead me.  I must admit, I have moments of shrinking back in fear instead of boldness and faithfulness.  Lord, let my faith overcome my fear.  I wrote a song last week called "Anything", and that line is included "let my faith overcome my fear".  Here's the last part of this song recorded by my friend as I led it at a worship service at the Henry County Rescue Mission.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6_j0SZAFyWpV2hTMndLV0F3ZXc

There's more than this. "Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world" John 17:24  The next day after those words, Jesus would go die the most brutal death possible. But that paled in light of the glimmer he held in his eye that night he talked to his father.  A day is coming when our eyes will close and there will be no more chaos.  No one will be preaching or writing books about God to help us remember, because we will be alive in that world with him forever.  Anything is nothing in light of that. In light of forever. In light of him. - Jennie A.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...