Saturday, August 20, 2016

Anything Study ~ Week Seven Wrap Up


I used to try to live a medium life and if I'm honest I'm still trying to find my way out of that medium life mindset.  If I really want to live a sold out life for Christ then I have to surrender those medium/mediocre dreams to Jesus (the comfortable lifestyle).  Even today as I was on the road headed to lead worship at a Men's Conference, of all places, a thought crept in..."is this really what you want to do Christy?...get up at 4:30am, be on the road, live an exhausted life?"  Sometimes...I don't, but I want to serve Jesus more, I want to live for Him and that means I can deal with these small sacrifices to serve Him.

Do Project Two and answer the conversation card questions.

Describe a time you have felt all hell was coming against you. What perspective do you have today about that time?

Do you talk about God more than you obey Him? How could that change?

Who is someone you need to forgive to move forward?

What would be the most effective way for the devil to shut you down?

Read Matthew 16:25, what does it look like for you to "lose your life"?

What does your "medium" look like? How does that idea shape the decisions you make?

This week's recipe:

Curried Chicken Salad Tea Sandwiches

~ Ingredients ~
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons of mango chutney
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups diced, cooked chicken
24 thin slices whole-wheat baguette
1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
1/4 cup green onions, diced

~ Directions ~
Mix together cream cheese, mango chutney, curry powder, salt and pepper until well combined.  Fold in chicken.  Spread a heaping tablespoon or so of chicken salad on each baguette slice and top with a sprinkle of almonds, coconut, and green onion.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...