Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Our Purpose

 
 
There are so many things in these two chapters that are about our purpose...
 
Glorify God! Proclaim His Glory!  God is most after his glory.  God's glory is "the holiness of God put on display" - John Piper
 
What if we wanted what God wanted most? What if we wanted, like Jesus, God's glory above every other thing?  What if the true motive of my life and my heart were to make God known for a few years on this earth?
 
Compel others! God is asking us to go compel people to him.  To compel means to have a powerful or irresistible influence in the lives of others.  We avoid compelling anyone to God because it may feel cheesy or annoying. Well then, we have to find ways to compel that aren't cheesy or annoying.
 
God will give you what you need to accomplish His will.
God knew I could never do this alone.  He always gives us what we need to accomplish his purposes. God has placed people and used circumstances in my life to guide me along the path that can and will be used for Him and His Glory. It has been different people and situations over the past few years, whether my Pastor, cousin Jenn, Johnny Allen, or a chapel full of inmates...He has used these and more in my life to humble me, push or compel me, and teach me how to be used by Him.
 
Complete Project 2 - it is simple yet a precious reminder of how much Jesus loves us and calls us to live.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...