Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Really??? School???

The summer has flown by and school starts tomorrow.  Most parents can't wait til their little darlings go back but I am just not one of them.  I'm the weird kind that love snow days and early outs just so I can have them home to be with or at least know they're in the house.  Don't get me wrong, there are things I like about school, my kids get to strut their stuff in different areas such as sports, music, academics.  There is Friday night football which is a big deal around here having a hall of fame coach and state titles and all.  Showstoppers is in the fall, a music production put on by Madrigal and choir.  We will travel hither and yon to countless basketball games hoping Cameron won't fall down or get hit in the head or something, oh - I'm just kiddin' bout' that, it hasn't happened yet.  Christian will play golf in the spring which he is already talking about, he believes beyond a shadow of a doubt he will be playing varsity and he might be right, he played on JV last year as the only freshman that played consistently the entire season.  Cameron will rule the middle school as the top dog (8th grader), he will sing in Honors Choir and we will see if his handwriting has improved any...it hasn't changed since 2nd grade.  F.C.A. (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) will begin, Christian and Cameron are both leaders in their school, they meet once a week and have a devotion and pray, and the leaders plan activities and outreach events for the school year.  And all these things are all well and good but there is that dreaded down side.  Socially, school stinks!  My kids have to put up with bullies and kids who curse and persecute them for their faith.  It's for these reasons why I dread the school year.  I've thought about homeschooling countless times and still haven't ruled it out.  We've thought about changing schools but it's pretty much the same everywhere.

I will go back to sub, I've actually already been asked to sub next week...there will be good days and bad days, as a substitute teacher I will be adored, ha, by little kids, heartbroken by the stories of their home life, amused by the stories they tell or make up, disrespected by some, irritated with others, but love almost all of them.  I will tell them about Jesus when I can, I know, naughty naughty.  I usually don't start the conversation (well maybe I do sometimes) but I am always going to answer their questions.  Several years ago a little kindergarten girl ran up to me at recess and said "Do you know about Jesus?"  What a question, shouldn't it be that simple and easy for all of us to just ask "do you know about Jesus?"

I know, it's last minute but I am just now today taking the boys to get school supplies, they really don't need much...some pencils, pens, notebooks, and folders.  The thing they need most is to be prayed up which we will do continuously throughout the year.  And if you read this...you pray too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...