Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NO Compromise!


School started today!  Christian is a Sophomore and Cameron is an 8th Grader.  Where has the time gone?  Only three years before Christian earns a full ride to college and 5 years til Cameron gets some partial scholarships, no...I really shouldn't say that, Cameron is a good student just not as ambitious as Christian.  Boy, they are totally different kids each with their unique personalities, talents (singing being both of their talents), and other things...anyway, that's not what I'm writing about today.

I had originally planned to get up early and make biscuits and gravy this morning to get them off to a really good start but discovered I had no biscuits and didn't want to make them from scratch, oh I have but it's been a while.  So I made blueberry pancakes instead...I woke Cameron up first, he groaned and then shouted "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!"  I wasn't expecting that, it was hilarious.  He got in the shower and I gave Christian a few more minutes of rest due to him having a cold and coughing half the night.  When Cameron was finished I went into Christian's room and flipped on the light, he half opened his eyes, moaned, and was partially awake so I left the room.  I had to return several times, boy this was going to be a long year if this happened every morning!  I'm sure he and the rest of us will get into a routine again.  He finally slumped his way to the shower and I finished making the pancakes.  We sat down for breakfast as a family and I read a few proverbs to them and from Luke 6:22 - 23 "Blessed are you when men hate you, And when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake.  Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!  For indeed your reward is great in heaven, for in like manner their fathers did to the prophets."  We talked how they may, most likely will, get persecuted etc and what is really important.  They packed up all their notebooks, pencil, folders, and such and we loaded into the van.  I let Christian drive this morning (gotta get ready for that day as well) and off we were to school.  I had him park between the middle school and high school and then I prayed with them.  Prayed that God would protect them, that they would do everything as if it were for the Lord, that they wouldn't compromise their faith.  I told them "that" would be our theme this year "NO Compromise!"  And we say it as if we are going into battle because that is what high school and jr high is...a battleground.  It's also a mission field, it's filled with lost teenagers, lost teachers and staff, souls seeking for a hope only found in a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Lord, I pray that You would help my children to be a light for You, to shine for You, to stand up for You and to show others the hope and peace only You can give.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful first day! (and I love the cake story- lol)

    I think some letters back and forth could be a GREAT idea. And it would give them a chance to keep in touch a bit more. You know what else would help? CAMPING! lol! If you guys get a weekend free or a school break, give a holler, we'll happily come your way. We're going to try to hit Kutless at Six Flags on the 11th, but otherwise our weekends are free.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...