Thursday, July 14, 2016

Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus


Freedom comes through letting go.  Project Two asked us to draw an image of us laying down the thing you love most...right now, for some reason, it's my job.  My shabby and ridiculous stick figure drawing is me leaving my desk at Cornerstone behind.  I have been consumed with this since I gave my notice last week, crying off and on, losing sleep...  I am always telling people that if we could look into the future and see what God has planned or how He wants to use us then we'd give up everything in heartbeat to chase after that.  And here I am...petty and pitiful about leaving my job.  How dare I?  I was bought with a price.  I really do want to serve Jesus and live a life completely surrendered to Him.  I'm not going to chicken out - I am done with normal.

Conversation Cards

How are you letting people's opinions shape the way you are living?

Has your view of "normal" stolen God's plans for a more risky life of faith?

What things do you feel you deserve from God to be happy?

Read Romans 8:6 and share about how a shift in your perspective could bring life and peace?

What would it look like to lay down approval?  What fear do you need to face to be able to let go of living for people instead of God?

How have the people around you shaped what you think it means to follow Jesus?

Choose one or more questions and share.

Romans 8:6 "For to set the mind on the things of the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace."  What sweet words...  I need to continually set my mind on the things of the Spirit.  This reminds me of the hymn - Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace

There really is no comparison.  Keep your eyes on Jesus.

Thank You, Jesus and please forgive me for trying to forgo the plans You have for me.


 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...