Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Call to Obedience


I quit my job....a job that I've had for almost 6 years, a job that provided a substantial amount of my family's income, a job that I have loved and sometimes complained about but mostly loved.  I am feeling a wide range of emotions, I feel like I need to grieve over leaving yet I'm excited for what the future holds.  I know this is the right decision, God placed this on my heart long ago, but the follow thru has been and is still surreal to me.  I've never been more thankful for my faithful and trustworthy God.  He has appointed this time - His timing is perfect and I know this is the next step of obedience for me, the next step in my "anything" journey.

I am still in awe that this Bible study and big act of obedience have coincided like they have, I honestly didn't plan it that way.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9

If I get too caught up in thinking in worldly terms or just fleshly selfish terms, fear and doubt start to creep in and the tears threaten to come.  In fact they haven't just threatened, I have sobbed over what I have lost.  But who am I to say what's best for me, God knows far better than I, I just need to be obedient, even when it's hard.  It's in those moments that Jesus surrounds me with His peace and reminds me that this world is not my home, that these "things" don't matter in the grand scheme of things.  I am sure thankful that I serve a holy, righteous, transcendent yet near and loving God.  I can put my hope and trust in Him.  I marvel at that, at who God is, how He cares about me, a rotten, self-centered sinner.  I love that word - Marvel.  Jesus used it seeing the centurion's faith, the Pharisees, His disciples and others used it seeing the wonder and majesty of Jesus.  Marvel at the awesomeness of Jesus Christ, He has great and unthinkable plans for you.  Step out in faith, in obedience to His calling on your life, He is worthy of our trust, our obedience.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...