Monday, July 18, 2016

Anything Study ~ Week Three


The last couple weeks of my feeling of loss over walking away from my job seems quite silly as I watched this week's video.  This is only the beginning, if I really want to pray this prayer and see God move in my life then more sacrifices, suffering, and who knows what may be in store.

This week we are looking at abandoning fear and abandoning this life.

"What are you most afraid of? What would be the very worst thing that God my allow you to suffer?  He is God, and if our suffering brings Him the most glory, let it be." Jennie Allen

I've often said that if God took my voice, my singing away and that brought Him the most Glory then so be it.  Do I really mean that?  If I didn't before...I'm starting to.  God is molding me and shaping me and I want to be more like Him, I want to be used for His Glory.  He loves me and He will never leave me or forsake me.  He showed me something special Friday night at Algoa Correctional, I was getting my "stuff" ready to lead worship and I always open up my Bible and lay it on the keyboard.  I opened it Friday and it turned to Matthew 5:4 "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."  I had written below it - Mourn the loss, if it were easy to give up those things then what would we gain?  How would we be changed?  These words I had written down during a sermon from my Pastor, Chris Guffey.  I used that scripture as I led these men in prison, I was overwhelmed with God's goodness and faithfulness.

https://youtu.be/L5r8tV4xaRI

This week:
Read chapters 6-7
Study 2 Corinthians 4:1-18 and answer questions
Complete Project One

Our faith must remain greater than our pain and our fears. - Jennie Allen

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...