Monday, July 4, 2016

Freedom through Surrender


This week we are looking at what we are holding on to...freedom comes when we surrender those things to Christ's care and control.  What are you fighting?  What are you trying to hold on to?

I have been fighting safety, comfort, and change...there are big things on the horizon that I know God is calling me to and the next step is giving up safety, comfort which is going to lead to big changes!

Here is my Project One prayer and response:

Lord Jesus,
Forgive me when I try to hold onto the comforts and safety of worldly things.  Help me to see that Your plans are the best plans and that if I let go, You will bring about Your purpose in me, for me, and through me.  Forgive me when I doubt who You are, forgive me when I don't believe or don't act like I believe You are in control.  Thank You for Your forgiveness, for Your truth and for the freedom only You can give and will give when we surrender everything over to You.  In Your name, Amen.

God's response: Depend upon me, Christy, you know I have the perfect plan for your life and that I want to do wondrous things through you for My glory.  I will make you holy and blameless, I have sealed you with the Holy Spirit and have given you an inheritance in My kingdom.

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. Ephesians 1:7-10

God wants to give us freedom, freedom through surrendering everything to Him.  He has the best and perfect plan for our lives.  Trust Him.

Conversation Cards - Pick one (or more if you feel inclined) and share.

In what ways are you pretending?

What is truth that you know about God, but you don't live like it's true?

Do you find yourself judging others' behavior at times? Why?

How have you experienced taking a Godly risk draw you closer to Jesus?

In what ways have you lived as if God were plastic?

What are you fighting that no one else can see?



 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...