Thursday, July 28, 2016

Define Surrender


Surrender - laying aside all selfish ambitions, comfort, safety, giving up everything you love, want and need over to the One who created you, the God of the universe and being willing to do whatever it takes to follow His plan, no matter the cost.

I'd love to hear some of your answers to this week's conversation cards...

What does "wanting more" look like for you?

Have you ever had a "bathroom floor" moment?

Do you believe in the invisible God enough that you are willing to live for Him? What does that look like for you?

Look back at 1 Corinthians 15:32, what does that verse mean for your life?

One page 78, I talk about grieving the ways I had lived for myself, how might you "almost get away with a wasted life"?

Who has been a model of faith like this to you, like Katie Davis was for me?

I think I have an answer for every one of these questions, or at least an attempt at one.  I will sum up several of these questions like this...wanting more for me is giving up the life I now have for a better one, for a life of service and surrender to do what God has called me to do, I feel like I have had several bathroom floor moments - each time I see someone doing something I call courageous or "crazy faith" like, an example is Leigh Anne Tuohy, the lady that took in Michael Oher and loved him unconditionally (The Blind Side), people giving their lives for the cause of Christ, there are countless stories and I want to live my life this way...giving everything for Jesus.  I don't want to look back on my life and see a wasted one, I don't want to cram God into my day, I want every day to be centered around Him, I want to be sold out, surrendered, living for the Glory of God.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...