Sunday, June 4, 2017

Proven: Week One ~ Are You Tired?

The theme verse for this study is John 7:37-38 "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."

Jesus is all, everything we need. We need to continually come to Him, He gives us what we need. I want to be so full of Jesus that it pours out of me!  Throughout this study we are going to learn how to live like Jesus, have you ever noticed Jesus worrying about anything, stressing out about life (and He had plenty to stress about)?  He lived a life overflowing, a life of abundance and He called us to live like Him.  I know what you're thinking...that He's Jesus, of course He lived an awesome life, He's God!  And we let our humanness creep in and keep us from the life God has called us to, we keep ourselves trapped, believing the enemies lies that we can never live like He intended.  Let's quit trying to be enough or trying to get enough from this world or numbing out and just going through the motions and miss it...miss the abundant life Jesus wants for us. 

Jeremiah 2:13 "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."

I don't want to wake up one morning and look back and wonder where the years went and wish I would've lived my life differently, lived fully for my Savior.  And we make it difficult, at least I do...I put so much pressure on myself, so many expectations...I need Jesus' rhythms of grace...I need to rest in Him, to realize I'm not enough and that I don't have to be because Jesus is enough.

This week:
Watch the Lesson 1 video  ~ Click Here ~
Proven Study Guide - Lesson 1
Read NTP (Nothing to Prove) Chapters 1-4
Answer questions:

What consumes most of your thoughts? Why?

What consumes most of your time? Why?

What are you most afraid of? Why?

Are you striving? In what ways?

Are you numbing? Why?

How are you and Jesus right now?


A Vision for Proven (from the study guide)

A person who holds even a smidgen of faith can be a powerful, radical, dangerous force in the kingdom of God, seeing the impossible take place (Matt. 17:20)

A sincere faith in Jesus and all He wants to do around us wakes us up, rattles our lives, shifts every perspective, issues hope in pain, and ignites mission.

I am praying that this Bible study would make our God so big that any moment we miss of Him and the life He has for us is the greatest loss to us.

Jesus, move a generation to draw near to You and believe You at Your word.
from Jennie Allen

Let's dig in, let go, and seek Jesus.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...