Sunday, June 25, 2017

Proven: Week 4 ~ Rest: The End of Striving


Why are you tired?  Why do you want to make an impact? Why do you want to serve? Why do you want to lead?  If the answer is anything about you then it means nothing.  Why do we try so hard doing anything at all in our own power?  We serve the God of the universe and yet we fool ourselves into thinking we can have control of something, even the tiniest thing.  And what's crazier is we work so hard at it!  I know I have!  It's where my song "Be Still" came from...a place where busyness was keeping me distracted and not resting in Him and His power.

Rest is relying on Jesus' power to accomplish the impossible.  Thank God for what's He's going to do and watch Him do it!  Jesus let's us be a part of His great story!

It brings me great comfort in knowing that if anything I'm doing is really about Him and His plan, then nothing can keep it from working, from accomplishing what it's supposed to for His Kingdom, for His Glory!  I can't do anything to mess it up!  I can have rest in my calling!

This week:
Watch the Lesson 4 video ~ Click Here ~
Read NTP (if you have it): Chapter 7 "No Longer Tired"
Proven Study Guide: Lesson 4 (Read/Study John 6)
Answer Questions from the study guide (pages 70-73)
(John 6:1-15) Describe the problem.

Compare and contrast Philip's and Andrew's responses to the problem.

Describe Jesus' posture and actions in this passage.

What were the results of the miracle?

(John 6:16-21) Describe the setting.

Describe the disciples.

Describe Jesus.

In these two miracles what do you think Jesus was communicating to His disciples?

(John 6:22-71)
What were the crowds wanting from Jesus?

Describe the "work" that God wants from men (vv. 27-28).

Write down all that Jesus offered them. (vv. 35-70).

Did the masses want what Jesus was offering?  Why not?

Who did want what He was offering?  Why?

*Jennie Allen

I'm attaching my "Be Still" song this week, I had no idea Jennie was going to talk about Psalm 46:10 (maybe I should've had a clue since this week is about rest but sometimes I can be dense) but regardless of my ignorance I love how God weaves things together.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

https://youtu.be/dONmetketak

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...