Thursday, January 6, 2011

Junk Drawer - Why it's called "Junk"!

The Junk Drawer challenge is a good one....to clean it out would be wonderful and here's why...
Look at that mess, I can hardly shut the drawer and there's stuff falling behind into the abyss.  There are multiple rolls of duct tape, batteries, receipts, panty hose, I could have been wearing those, rats! - I'm guessing they were there to tie up tomatoes, patches for the pool we no longer have, 35 mm film, wow, scraps of material, old broken cell phones, canning lids (I've never canned anything), tons of chargers to various things (I can only guess what they belong to) and who knows what else.  I just snapped this pic this morning...who knows what lies beneath the surface.  To make matters worse, the drawer below it is becoming a junk drawer as well, probably because there are things falling into it.  If you look in the upper left hand corner you can see a plastic tooth, it is a tooth necklace that the school nurse gives a child if they lose a tooth at school.  I was curious to see which son's tooth this was...
It's Cameron's...it has a filling and Christian didn't have any fillings, perhaps it was his last baby tooth and I had trouble letting go.  Well I didn't today, I threw it out, plastic tooth and all.  I haven't cleaned the junk drawer yet but will post something when I do.

I also found 4 broken cell phones and a tangle mess of chargers to various things, I will figure that out later.  And a coupon for a pizza that expired in 2008.

Drum Roll Please...


Wowee!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are twins. I love it! Film! Yes! What is with that? I found several unused rolls and several USED rolls. I'm curious to find out what's on there...if they can even be developed anymore since they have to be at least 7 years old now.

    I'm loving the tooth. I need to get the willpower to throw ours out. Somehow I"ve passed my pack-rat tendencies on to the kids and they have kept EVERY SINGLE TOOTH. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...