Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Empty House



Monday, January 10th, I took down all the Christmas decorations.  This was a very sad day for James, he would like me to leave everything up all year around.  He wasn't always like this, he used to care less and even teased me if I put things up too early.  But over the last couple years he has changed.  It does make our home feel quite cozy but I want to keep it special.  James argues that we should keep Christmas special all year which I agree but I want to have that special time set apart to remember my Savior's birth.  It shouldn't matter what we see around our home that makes us think of Jesus and act differently but what's in our heart.  And because He lives inside me I will be mindful of loving people everyday.

I understand James' desire and think it's very sweet, people do act differently during the Christmas season.  But what's done is done and my house looks "empty" the kids would say...I say it looks "clean" and "empty".  It may be empty but it's still full of love

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...