Wednesday, January 5, 2011

52 books in 52 weeks

I couldn't resist the picture.

My cousin, Jennifer, has once again inspired me.  I read her post '52 books in 52 weeks' and thought to myself....I might be able to do 5 + 2...but we will see.

These are the books I can remember that I read last year:
  • Crazy Love by Francis Chan
  • Captivating by Staci Eldredge
  • Your Whole Life by Carol Showalter with Maggie Davis
  • Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury
  • A Prairie Christmas Collection (9 stories) by various authors
  • More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell (haven't finished though)
Well that's not even close to 52...closer to 2.  But maybe I really did read more than that...I just can't remember, that shows you what an impact they made.

Here are a few I'm going to start with for this challenge:
  • When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore
  • The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  • Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
  • Forgotten God by Francis Chan
  • Radical by David Platt
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (no, I haven't read any of the Lord of the Rings books either but I love the movies, maybe I'll tackle those as well)
  • Called to Love by Kaye Miller
  • Breaking the Surface by Vicki J. Kuyper
  • I'm Not Wonder Woman but God Made Me Wonderful by Sheila Walsh
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  • The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
  • Something by Nicholas Sparks (but not The Notebook, I bawl every time I watch the movie)
  • Something by Karen Kingsbury
  • Something by Max Lucado
  • and maybe a couple off Jenn's list, ha!
I have a lot of these books.  I get old books from garage sales, weeded out books from the church library, or the clearance section at Christian book stores.  I'm working full time now so I don't know when this is going to happen but I'm not going to let that be an excuse.  Of course, I will read my precious bible first and foremost, it's the best book of all because it's God's Holy Word and it's alive!

Thanks Jenn for the challenge, not many read my blog but I want to put a plug in for yours anyway :)
Jenn's blog is called whitetrashmama but I prefer the Classless and Lovin' It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...