Tuesday, September 9, 2014

"His" Faith - Part 2

The end of Summer...time to go back to college and return to the "world".  Christian went to church with us a few times (no, we didn't force him to go) whether that was a mistake or not...I don't know, he is 19 years old and we still wanted him to own "his" faith.  He did attend a revival that James preached a couple weeks into the Summer, I saw conviction all over his face.  That was a blaring sign of hope for me :)  My gracious Father and Lord gave me glimpses into Christian's heart and I could see that he didn't really have doubts, he was being rebellious which had been my suspicion when we first talked.  He was a sweet kid all Summer, he wasn't out partying or reeking havoc; he was living for himself.

I took him back to college on move-in day, it was just he and I.  To my dismay, I looked around and saw that I was helping him move into a fraternity.  I wasn't pleased, it looked like trouble.  That along with PMS did not do my heart good.  We had one last thing to get before I went back home so we jumped in my car and headed to Wal-Mart.  Then the tears began to roll, Christian's reaction was one of surprise and he began to ask me what was wrong, if I was okay.  I felt like I was throwing him to the wolves.  I told him I was concerned about his decisions and the consequences those might have, yada yada.  When we got back I looked him in the face and said "I know you know the truth, I've seen it all over you all Summer long and you're going to come around".  I told him I was going to pray with him whether he liked it or not and we both kind of chuckled.  He held on to my hands and I prayed with him and for him.  He said "amen", which is an acknowledgment to me that he does indeed know the truth.  I then told him I was going to pray for his roommate's salvation.

I think my son is running, running from God, running from his calling that God placed on his life when he was only 13.  But I have my Lord's promises that my son will come back to Him.  In the meantime, I wait on the Lord, I trust Him, and I will be Jesus to my son as long as it takes.

"Thus says the Lord:
“Keep your voice from weeping,
    and your eyes from tears,
for there is a reward for your work,
declares the Lord,
    and they shall come back from the land of the enemy.
 There is hope for your future,
declares the Lord,
    and your children shall come back to their own country." Jeremiah 31:16-17

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love you and your family! Thank you for sharing your heart in this. I pray for your boy often. He's a smart young man and he will find and recognize the truth.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...