Saturday, May 8, 2010

Preacher, Preacher


Preachers are everywhere! Let me explain...my father-in-law has been a Pastor for 20+ years, two years ago in June, my oldest son Christian was called into the ministry and then a little over a year ago, my wonderful husband James was called to preach as well. James jokes about Christian beating him to it but James says he felt God's call for a long time and kept running from it, which of course, made him miserable. I am truly blessed to be in this family. Does it seem strange that I am surrounded by preachers? Not to me, God can do whatever He wants, lol. I have listened to my husband preach and thought, wow, who is that? That's how I know that God has called them and anointed them.

Christian preached his first sermon at age 13, it was a pretty amazing thing for a mother to witness, I was so proud. Proud that he stands boldly in the pulpit to preach God's word, proud that he is listening to God and being obedient. He has preached several times, at our church and at Broadway Baptist Church in Springfield at a Youth Conference.

James' first sermon was on January 18, 2009 and will be forever etched on my heart. He called it "One Man's Prayer", he used Psalm 66:16 - 20 "If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear. But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me!" He told how a friend of his father's prayed and prayed for his family and how he kept inviting them to church and how eventually James' dad said "okay, I'll go". That was the beginning, James' mom and dad received Christ that night and it changed their family forever because that's what Jesus does! He changes lives! He reminded us that we need to keep praying for our family and friends and what 'One Man's Prayer' did for his family and ours and for generations to come. My husband has preached several times since then, some sermons I remember more than others, sometimes I am used in illustrations or jokes but I love every minute of it.

Wondering, what is my Lord going to do with Cameron...can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...