Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm a Man

Christian turned 18 years old...he likes saying things like "I'm an adult".  We were going to have an airsoft party in Springfield with lots of his friends but just like Cameron's, they all fell through, had to work, etc.  We still went and had a blast with the Harrison family, it seemed appropriate since they, Ethan and Joel, introduced our boys to airsoft in the first place. We had a great time but I was kinda bummed that both my boys' birthdays weren't as epic as I had wanted them to be and on Thursday I learned that a lady at church had received two tickets to a Chiefs vs Broncos NFL game.  I went online to see how much tickets were, they went from ridiculously priced to cheap nosebleed seats.  Before purchasing, I discussed my plan with James.  I called my friend from church and asked her about her gift of tickets and if she would mind a couple of stowaways.  She said "Sure, they can come with us!"  That night, James and I got online purchased a couple of cheapo tickets and put them in envelopes for the boys.  Friday morning, November 2nd, we told the boys we were bummed that their birthday plans had went awry and so we had thought that this would make up for it.  We handed them each an envelope, they looked inside and were shocked!  Super excited and couldn't quit talking about it all morning.  That night we celebrated with another crazy cake...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...