Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Driver

It was a bright, sunny afternoon, on Christian's birthday.  I picked Cameron up from school early so he could attempt the driver's test and get that coveted driver's license.  I got him plenty early so we could take a mock test around town.  Come to find out, Cameron had never driven in Warsaw at all, just Lincoln and Sedalia.  Fortunately, since we lived here so long he knew his way around pretty well.  He was getting a little irritated with my instructions, I was trying to prepare him well for his test.  Okay, he was more than irritated, he made a left hand turn in town that I hadn't instructed him to take and I asked where he was going.  He said he was just going to go take the test, he could drive better "alone".  I said, that's fine.  I thought to myself that if he fails...who cares, it would serve him right.  He had never even attempted parallel parking which we would have practiced if he wouldn't have gotten mad at his mama and thought he could do better without her words of wisdom.  We pulled up to the community building where they give the test and there were the parallel parking cones.  I told him orally how to parallel park, lol, makes me chuckle thinking about it.  And then we went in.  He left with an instructor and I sat there rather amused and not nervous at all, probably because I didn't care whether he passed or not.  When I waited for Christian I felt like I was going to throw up.  He was gone a while so I thought maybe that was at least a good sign that he hadn't hit a car right away.  He returned with a PASSING score of 70!  Barely passed...the good news is that I don't have to take him there again. 
We then headed over to the license bureau to get the real deal.  When they called for the next person in line I started to stand up to go to the back with him, he raised his hand and said, it's okay mom, I got it.  I said, alright.  He got his picture taken, etc, and then I heard the lady say "that'll be $7.50", he turned and looked at me.  I said in probably a much louder voice than necessary "oh, ya want your mommy now".  He got out his wallet.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...