Friday, April 1, 2011

Wash my toesies!

Wednesday at family night the lesson revolved around showing your love out of serving like Jesus.  Our skit was called "Toejam Man" by Steven James (love his skits!), Pastor Chris gave a short devo about Jesus washing the disciples feet, and then Pastor Tim (the youth pastor) gave a devo to the teens and their families about Jesus washing the disciples feet and then we had a foot washing.  It seems to me that these used to be very prevalent in some churches and maybe still are in some.  Pastor Tim washed Pastor Chris' feet and then one of the youth's feet, yowsa!  I told my boys that they could each do one of mine but they pretended not to hear me.  After a bit, Christian said "Come on Mom, I'll wash your feet".  What a kid!  So humble...

Jesus washed the disciples feet and by doing this showed them humility and servant leadership in action.  How can I say that any task is beneath me?  Love like Jesus!

*An awesome Steven James skit book that I have used with lots of kids & teens!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...