Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Getting Older?? Who Cares??

                                         
Last weekend I turned 36 years old.  Not really a milestone birthday or anything, it just means I am now closer to 40 than to 30.  I've never really gotten hung up on my age, I actually looked forward to turning 30 because people always thought I was a kid.  I still feel like a kid, look like a kid (ha ha), and act like one!  But that's a whole different set of problems, not really...what?..I'm delirious, it must be the old age.

I had a lovely birthday, the day before the actual date my mama cooked a special dinner for me and my family, she served it on her "fine china" (it actually is, it's beautiful).  I really enjoyed the food and company.  I have been especially enjoying my mama lately, since before Christmas!  We are getting the "I love you" thing down pretty good, we have said I love you to each other more times in the last 6 months than my entire life...amazing, God is soooo good.

The next day, the big one - I guess, was spent with my sons.  Christian had District Music Contest and I drug Cameron with me to watch and listen.  Christian sang his solo in the morning which I was so grateful for, he received a I+ rating, the highest you can get, I was and am so proud.  He performed in two ensembles, both of those groups also received I ratings.  He gets to perform at State Music Contest 3 times.  I can't wait for that. :) 

That evening we went to church for a prayer service and then I stayed to practice with the Worship Team.  My family and some of our church family, however, went to El Espolon, a mexican restaurant.  I arrived and sat down, most everyone was finished eating but when the waiter came around and asked me what he could get for me I simply replied, "It's my birthday and I would like the sombrero and my free dessert".  Do you think that's too straight forward?  He gave me a strange look and then walked away, I didn't think I would see him again.  Our entire group (and a stranger at another table) sang "Happy Birthday" to me with Christian singing way off key and inserting my childhood nickname "pooh pill", it was hilarious.  I think it was at this time the waiter thought I was serious about it being my birthday, the crew came out singing, plopped the heavy sombrero on my head and gave me my fried ice cream.  I posed for a picture taken by my pastor and dug in. 


The next day, Sunday, my lovely picture was put on the big screen at church for the whole congregation to see, what love.  I didn't mind.  My mother-in-law made me lunch and a beautiful cake.  What a wonderful weekend. 

I know what you're thinking...what about the presents!  I got an awesome gift from my husband.
This...

A NOOKColor, yes, it's pretty sweet...and so is he.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That was awesome. All of it.

    Chris says to send the nook to him for a week so he can turn it into an android tablet for you. Don't listen to him.

    Christian once made a comment about you noticing someone viewing your blog for 45 minutes. I now make sure I leave your blog open for a crazy long time. I logged in before church this time. I'm a freaky stalker that way.

    Love you, cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, you crack me up! You can freakily stalk me any time.

    And uh, Chris? Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...