Saturday, March 27, 2010

What a Day!

Today was District Music Contest for Missouri High Schoolers. Christian, my 15 year old, is a freshman at Warsaw High...he took a solo, a quartet, and a Mixed 8 group to contest. The judges give out ratings, 1 being the best, then 2, 3, 4, and 5. I've never seen anyone receive a 5 before and not today either. Christian got a 1 which means he gets to compete at State Music Contest in April. I am so proud of him, he sang great this morning, he was a little nervous but didn't let his nerves get the best of him. I was so nervous I thought I might throw up, whew, glad that I didn't and that he made it through smoothly.

Meanwhile, Cameron had a birthday party to go to at the Skating rink from 1 to 3 so I ran him over there in between listening to performances. He got knocked down a couple times and got a nasty bruise on his knee but I think he is going to make it and he still had a good time.

At 3:16, Christian sang in his last group and then we headed home to prepare for company. We had invited the youth pastor of First Baptist Lincoln and his family over for dinner along with another couple and their baby. I got home around 4 o'clock and started getting things ready. James cooked out on the grill, hamburgers and hot dogs, with all the fixin's. It was all good. We sat around the table to play a game when about an hour in, I suppose, and one of our guests asked where the bathroom was. He was gone for quite a while, upon return he informed me that I would probably need to wash my bath mat because he had thrown up. This, of course, did not stop our game playing, he had cleaned up the bathroom so it wasn't all that bad...a little while later that game had been won and our guests had returned to their homes. I cleaned the bathroom, threw the mat in the washing machine, took some vitamin C, and sat down to blog this. What a day, full of accomplishments, fun, and upchucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...