Friday, March 26, 2010

The difference between 13 & 15 year old boys


13 and 15...two years...doesn't seem like much unless you're a teenage boy. They are sooo different, of course they always have been due to their personalities and such but these stages in their lives are definitely at different ends of the spectrum.

My oldest son, Christian, is 15 years old and he has a bonafide driving permit. I let him drive after school today, we ran some errands and then went home. He got a good 20 to 30 minutes of driving in and we made it home in one piece with no "extra" scratches or dings. My point is, he is growing up, he acts grown up too unless he is in one of his adolescent moods which have been rare as of late, thank you Lord! Then there's my youngest son, Cameron, who is 13 years old. He doesn't even pretend to act grown up, I don't think he wants any part of it yet...again, thank you Lord. We stopped at Sonic after school and Cameron got a large orange slush. He had the best time giving himself brain freezes, it was so weird, who does that? I don't think that can be good for you but he is still functioning. When we got home I noticed that those formerly stinky feet didn't burn my eyes...I didn't smell anything and he had his shoes off and propped up in the recliner. I said "hey, your feet don't stink like before, what happened?" His reply..."oh, I washed them this morning". Now I'm thinking that's weird because he takes a shower every morning so I share this with him. He said,"yeah but I used soap today."
Such fun! The serious grown up 15 year old and the goofy 13 year old, but I wouldn't change a thing. I have learned to cherish every moment. Thank you Lord for these remarkable children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...