Monday, April 25, 2016

Make A Difference

Through some interesting circumstances we ended up at a church yesterday and listened to an Alaskan missionary preach.  It doesn't matter how we got there only that God placed us there.  This service was more confirmation that I am doing what God has called me to do.  All through the message I had already felt God had worked out in my heart and I really was sold out to it.

Here's my notes from Ron Pratt's message:

1) Make a Difference in the World with your PASSION.  Passion is Christ's suffering on the cross.  Our love for people that are hurting should move us... The love of Jesus ignites our passion to make a difference in the world!

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith,so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.

It's heavenly passion that fuels our boldness.

Ephesians 6:19-20 And also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,  for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.

*pray and speak boldly as I ought to speak *boldness empowers you to take risks

2) Make a Difference in the World with your TESTIMONY.  Your story, it's the second greatest story ever told.
Wherever you are listen to that still small voice.  It's never an inappropriate time to change a life. People need to hear about Jesus, they need prayer. The Holy Spirit will not set you up for failure.

2 Timothy 1:7-9 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God,  who saved us and called us to[a] a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

3) Make a Difference in the World with your OBEDIENCE.  Stay focused, the little things matter, don't let the small stuff distract you.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Matthew 28:16 Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them.
*What if the disciples didn't go to the mountain?
*We want a mountain experience without climbing the mountain.
*Faith always wins over fame, integrity wins over talent
*Listen and be led by the Spirit

4) Make a Difference in the World with your INVESTMENTS.  Invest in the kingdom, your mission!
*Instead of allowing your budget to influence your faith, allow your faith to influence your budget.

Jude 1:22-23 And have mercy on those who doubt; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.
*Lives are in the balance
________________

The mission God has called me to is prison ministry, I am a missionary in prisons.  The entire sermon seemed like it somewhat rolled off the pages of my heart - crazy faith, holy boldness, running hard after God, anything for you Jesus...it was a miraculous morning and I sat there in awe.  At the end the song "Beautiful Things" started playing and I just wept, I want the men and women in prison to know they are beautiful and precious and that they are so loved.  Prison is my mission field.  Where's yours?

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...