Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Crazy Faith


Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy.

How crazy am I?  Since I have faith in the One who is faithful then it doesn't really seem all that crazy, now does it?  I want to live a radical life, a life filled with no regrets.  I don't want to miss something because I was too cautious or maybe even unfaithful...ouch.  I want to look back someday and say, Wow! What a ride God put me on, guided and led me through!  And just because I had some kind of crazy faith, I actually believed that God was sovereign and in control and that no matter what happened...it really would be ok.

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Some may see this kind of living as risk taking but where's the risk when you serve a star breathing, world holding God?  And what am I risking really?  Only things the world holds dear.  I'd rather toil in my obedience than have a life filled with idleness and emptiness.  Everything here is temporary, our homes, jobs, families...we were made for Jesus, to worship Him, to have a relationship with Him, to serve Him with our lives.

"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow.  For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."
James 4:13-14  

I'm thankful for the blessings of my precious family, friends, comforts, but I'm most thankful for my King and I want to honor Him with my life and give everything that I am to bring Him Glory.  There may be difficulties ahead, trials beyond my comprehension but that's what life is, regardless if we try to "play it safe".

I think most followers of Jesus stay in their church realm, we serve faithfully in the church, we pray, we give and believe me, all those things are necessary.  I believe that sometimes crazy faith may be waiting and being still...  It's those moments that God reaches down and touches us somewhere deep inside with conviction and wishing even, that we could be more for Jesus, it's those moments that lead us to crazy faith.


 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...