Sunday, January 27, 2013

Comment Time ~ Living Like Jesus ~ Week 1

First of all, forgive me for being behind...seems like I'm always behind!

This first week was great, I used the S.O.A.P. method, if you use something else, that's fine, share your methods, we can all learn from each other.

As I was looking over what I had written each day a common theme jumped out at me.  Fearing the Lord and His great mercy.  A couple of examples...Luke 1:50 "And His mercy is for those who fear Him from generation to generation." Luke 1:74 "that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies might serve Him without fear".  And so much more!  Did you see a common theme in Luke 1?

This week I was encouraged and challenged by God's Word.  I know that I can have certainty in my Lord that His Word is absolute truth, I realize that I make things too difficult when I must simply trust Him and His will.  He knows what's best and He is worthy of my trust.  I need to humble myself before the Lord in order to be used by Him, if we fear Him, He will give us mercy.  When I mess up, God offers His grace freely to me.  As a believer, I should will be a light in the darkness, sharing the gospel, telling others how they can receive forgiveness, how God wants to show them mercy.  ...that we might serve Him without fear!

What marvelous things did God reveal to you this past week?

If you are participating in this study I want to know.
Leave a comment please :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...