Friday, February 4, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Freezing drizzle began on Monday, January 31st...not much to tell, roads were a little slick so the kids got out of school early, I guess to make sure everyone could get home before the dreaded winter storm hit.  When I checked the weather at work Monday, words like critical and devastating would come up.  I left work around 2 pm Monday, ran to the store for essentials and headed home.  Tuesday morning arrived with the start of snowflakes, they started softly and then began to come down in buckets if that even seems possible.  I don't recall ever having this much snow, at least not while living here in Warsaw, Missouri!  We got not mail Wednesday and no trash service on Friday (yes, it's stockpiling in the shed).  But we snuggly safe inside, eating warm yummy foods, (I made "snow" cream), playing board games, etc.  I didn't venture out to "play" in the snow, the boys went out Tuesday while it was snowing and attempted to do some snowboarding, Cameron has been out in it every day, making igloos and digging tunnels.  They have been out of school all week and for the most part gotten along.  I am thankful for no power outages, time spent with my boys and hubby.


 About 16 inches measured here and it was still snowing...we figured around 19 inches after it was all said and done.

 Cameron on the front deck...trying out the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...