Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What's a "Pooh Pill"?

Nicknames are cool...or are they?

 Definition:  nick·name[ ník nàym ]NOUN

1. invented name: an invented name for somebody or something, used humorously or affectionately instead of the real name and usually based on a conspicuous characteristic of the person or thing involved

2. short name: a shortened or altered form of a name, e.g. "Billy" for "William" or "Peggy" for "Margaret"

A couple weeks ago James and I had dinner with some friends and our pastor and his wife.  It was a splendid evening but I did something rather strange...I don't know how it came about or why I even divulged it...but (I can hear me saying it my head right now as if I were there again) I started talking about how my grandpa gave all of his grandchildren nicknames...and they I did something weirder...I said mine out loud!  It seemed perfectly normal my entire life until it left my mouth at that precise moment in time and then it just sounded ridiculous.  Okay...here it is...

My nickname was....Pooh Pill...does that even make sense?  I know I liked Winnie the Pooh and maybe I was a real "pill" as in sticker, I don't know.  Well, my pastor found this quite amusing but got it all wrong, he was interpreting it like "poo hill" or "poop hill" or "poo pill", and then started paging me.  On the bright side, I laughed so hard I cried, I don't even know quite why but my stomach got a good workout with all that silliness.  It does sound like a medicine you would take if you couldn't "poo" or needed to.  "My tummy hurts, I need a poo pill!"

I was trying to recall all of my cousins nicknames, see if they are any better, of course they are!
My sister Candy = Candy Brat
My brother Curtis = Bull Moose
My brother Cliff = Yogi Bear
Cousin Jennifer = Sneaky Snake
Cousin Ben = Benji Bum
Cousin Misty = Misty Monkey
Cousin Charity = Banny Chicken
Me = Pooh Pill (later changed to Miss Management which is weird because mine is the only one I think he changed...I was too bossy I guess but that could have went to many of us)
I have a couple more younger cousins but don't remember theres right now or else he gave up giving them out.  Neither one of my boys have nicknames...wonder why?!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...