Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Excuse me, where?

Christian has been hacking his head off coughing...I was thinking it was allergies and treated it as such.  It was really getting annoying, he wasn't getting a good night's rest and was really becoming drained.  After about two weeks of this nonsense I decided to take him to the doctor, being I had no appointment we had to see the nurse practitioner, which was fine.  She decided to do a CBC to check for mono and any common viruses he might have, it was negative and showed that his blood count and all looked great.  She came to the conclusion that it was probably allergies and was going to send in the nurse with a shot of steroids and start him on a daily allergy pill (which I already had).  Now, here comes the good part...my kids have been pretty healthy for the past several years and haven't had to have many shots.  The last one they received was a tetanus shot, Christian the year before last and Cameron just last spring.  These shots were given in the arm....oh, you know where I'm going with this and you know where it went.  I wasn't even thinking about it.  The nurse came in and asked him "would you like to lay down or stand up?"  Christian paused a second and said "uh...stand up, I guess", then it dawned on me, he had no idea where that thing was going.  I said, "I think I need to leave the room", Christian gave me an in quizzical look and then I looked at the nurse and said, "I don't think he knows where that's going."  He looked at her and said, "where?" and she politely replied, "in the bottom".  He was all for me leaving the room then and so I did.  Shortly he came out with a limp and said "wow, I had no idea that was going to happen."  He also told me when she asked whether he wanted to lay down or stand up that he was thinking (why can't I just sit?) LOL, I was chuckling the entire time and I couldn't wait to come home and tell James.  (yes, I'm a terrible mother)  The best part was when Cameron came home after school the first thing out of Christian's mouth was "I got my blood drawn and a shot in the butt", Cameron just stood there and with a priceless expression said, "the...butt?"  It was really hysterical, James and I were rolling.  Then he went on to say "I'm glad I'm not sick!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...