Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Parenting Tip #1

Over the years I have learned many things about parenting. I haven't always made the best decisions regarding this issue but have learned, discovered, and changed things throughout.
I have now decided to share these with which you may not agree but that's okay.

These tips are in no particular order and may vary in nature...

#1 - Never let your child (who has been raised to love God and the things of God) go to a secular birthday party.

Experience - Last night I let Cameron go to a friend's birthday party at the Community Building in our town. There were parents there, the party was supposed to go from 6 to 10 but I told the parents and Cameron that I would pick him up around 8. (The 8 part was a good choice) When I arrived I spyed disturbing things...children, my own son's age, were making out outside the building and another smoking! Ah!!! I said to myself "this will never happen again!" I went inside to get Cameron out of there and viewed nothing too crazy, there were cousins and brothers of the birthday girl there playing musical chairs and such but loud music and it was dark and I'm sure they weren't playing God honoring songs (now I was thinking "what is wrong with me?") I got Cameron to the car and he said "I wish I would have went home with you instead of coming here, it was boring" he went on to say that everyone was surprised he came because his parents were so strict. I told him we are just trying to protect him and then asked if he thought we were strict. He said "no, I don't think you're strict, their parents are just wreckless." Sweet victory! I loved it because it's true. But I somewhat regret letting him go even though he didn't get involved in anything weird but am glad that he can see he's not missing out on anything.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...