Monday, September 19, 2016

A Captured Heart


I am in the midst of back to back services/events (7 in 6 days).  Due to circumstances beyond my control it ended up this way and that's ok.  Yes, I am tired...and vocally challenged but yesterday God overwhelmed me with His goodness, His faithfulness, and I am thankful, blessed really, to be doing what I'm doing and once again in awe of how He works.  Jesus captured my heart yesterday in so many ways.  Through the preaching of the Word yesterday morning, to being allowed to lead people in the praise and worship of Him, to be able to share of His gift of salvation and the continued sanctification process in my own heart and life.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17

God is revealing so many things to me, He wants so much more for us than we allow Him to give.  He wants our hearts...completely focused and surrendered to Him.  We get so caught up in doing, going, checking our boxes...and suddenly we are going through the motions instead of living each moment in anticipation of what He is going to do, can do and will do when we come before Him with a captured heart, a broken and contrite heart.  A heart for His purpose for us, a heart for the lost, a heart that sees people hurting and stops to see them instead of passing by or giving a quick fix. When did we (Christians) become so apathetic?  When we start telling ourselves that it is not our problem or our job to share the story of Jesus...then there's an issue.

Let's get caught up in Jesus, in His love, His grace, His mission.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...