Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mardi Gras Mission Trip 2016 ~ Part 2


Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Psalm 51:8

Let me crudely break down this scripture for you. We heard plenty of joy and gladness...I had more fun on this trip than all the past years combined.  I don't mean that in a bad way regarding past trips, they were wonderful and worthwhile and filled with amazing life-changing things.  But I got lots of both this year and I am not ashamed to say that.  As for the bones that you have broken part....ummm, we may have broken some things but not in a way many would understand unless you were there...let's say it was a "had to be there" moment(s).  And I may need to ask one or more of my team members for forgiveness along with the entire state of Mississippi.

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips. Psalm 63:5

We had the opportunity to eat some really amazing foods and fellowship together.




I was not "in charge" this year which perhaps made me relax and enjoy every aspect of the trip.  My pastor went this year, he was the rookie on the trip but watching him had a great impact on me.  I have served with and under this man's leadership for several years now but seeing him love people on this trip gave me a greater respect and love for him.  He taught me how to be a better missionary.  And when we weren't "doing ministry" we had so much fun together.  What a great trip and awesome team.  God is good!



 photo signature2.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...