Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Twenty Years Ago ~ I Said "I Do"

Twenty years ago I said "I do" to this hunk...there's really no more to say.

LOL, yeah right! Anyway, let's start with this picture (shown above).  I think it's a sweet picture but after 20 years others look at it and begin pointing things out, such as...wow, look at that blonde hair, Christy or wow, James has hair.  And one person starts in on my, eh heh, eyebrows...they are a little thinner now but I really didn't mind them then.  It wasn't until a few years later that I did a "no no" and plucked a few...that turned me into some kind of werewolf, sasquatch, whatever you'd like to envision.

Let's back track a month or so ago.  I was cleaning out my closet, well, not really cleaning, mostly hauling things out so I could find something but I actually put it all back in there (I didn't sleep on the couch *cough...Jenn).  The neat thing I found in the closet that I wasn't looking for was a box of old love letters and I use the word "love" loosely.  A box of letters, notes, and ridiculous other things from back in our dating years...year and three months.  James and I laid in bed that night and read several of them, we laughed and laughed and laughed, they were/are really quite entertaining.  One of my favorites was from me to James and I was describing a conversation I was having with my younger brother, Curtis.  It went something like this... My brother just asked me what we fought about yesterday and I told him it was a long story.  Then he asked if we were gonna break up and I said "No way! We are never gonna break up!" 
This was after about 4 months of "going out".  We were so young and dumb but I was right after all....we didn't break up and we've been married for 20 years!  These letters, cards, and keepsakes sparked something inside of me, I found this great picture of James and I when we had only been married about 5 months, it was taken at James' parents house on his 21st birthday.  I have it on my nightstand beside my bed.  Those letters and things show me how far God has grown us, as a couple and individually, I am really in awe at how marvelous He is and how much He has pursued us and drawn us closer to Him.  I am so thankful and grateful to my Lord for making our marriage what it is today.  We still get into tiffs now and then but "No Way, we are never gonna break up!" 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...