Saturday, February 23, 2013

NOLA 2013 ~ Mardi Gras

Day 1 in the French Quarter
Prayer walked today, it wasn't raining this year!  Last year it was very overwhelming, hearing about it through other people's experiences, seeing things on tv, etc. an never prepare you for being in the middle of all of it.  I knew "kind of" what to expect this time, there's always something shocking or new.  Gay men kissing, nudity...darkness everywhere.  The hardest part to swallow (there are many) is the mockery of Jesus, whether it's outright rejection of the gospel or other "christians" condeming people, showing no grace, mercy, or compassion for the lost; the pure evil here, it's unnerving - I just pray without ceasing as I walk by the tarot card readers, fortune tellers, you name it.  Today we prayed in front of an occult store...what can you say?  So many being misled.
Tonight I went to Bourbon Street to hand out tracts and maybe have an opportunity to talk to people, someone.  Some are polite and take a tract and then move along, some will ignore you, some will blantantly reject you, it comes with the territory.  I met a man tonight that wouldn't take anything with Jesus on it because he was drinking.  Most of these people are very aware of their sin, they just simply don't care, they don't want to see the truth.  I looked around at all these people, all the sin and despair, and felt so blessed.  Blessed that my Lord protected me from every having a life-style like what I've seen tonight.  Not that my sin is less than theirs, just that I didn't have to experience these things before He bacame my personal Savior and Redeemer.  Tomorrow my prayer is for hearts to be opened and soft and for me to be an effective witness for my King.

John 3:16-20
16 “For God so loved the world,[a] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. 20 For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...