Thursday, December 10, 2015

God Has a Purpose for Me and for You

Earlier this year I began an online study called "The Best Yes", it was with Proverbs 31 ministries and Lysa Terkheurst wrote the book.  It was a great study and although I haven't finished the book...(I will eventually), I learned a lot and have put into practice some of the things it taught me.  God has a plan and purpose for us, He has called me to worship ministry, I know this without a shadow of a doubt.  What does this mean?  It means I can't do everything!  I have had to say no and let go of other things to pursue what God wants and requires of me...my best yes.  What an amazing season of my life I am living at this moment.  Yes, I am busy...yes, I am tired...yes, I am somewhat crazy, but He has given me a strength and desire like never before.  It is amazing what can happen when we are obedient to Christ.

If you would have told me a couple years ago when I said "Anything you want from me, Lord, here I am" that I would be touring jails and prisons and leading men and women into His presence through worship...I would have said you were nuts.  On top of that...I play for myself, that is a big miracle for me as well...how He has equipped me in such a brief time to do His will for me.  He is such a gracious God, what an incredible journey He has me on and I can't wait to see what's next.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

If you don't know what God is calling you to, get in His Word, spend time with Him in prayer, fellowship with His people, go on mission, serve, give...He will reveal Himself and His plan for your life to you.

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...