Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simply Love

God is always teaching me things (I have so much to learn).  Lately it's been to love more...no, to get back to loving.  That doesn't seem like it makes sense at all, does it?  Tonight at my women's bible study we talked about keeping our focus on Jesus, along with being unified as a group of women and body of Christ.  We can get so bogged down in doing "ministry" that we forget to keep our eyes on Him.  I felt God telling me to love more, to just simply remember to love the people around me.  Oh, I know I love them but to be mindful of loving them, having a loving heart towards them regardless of anything going on around me.  To make a special point of showing them love.  The day to day "mundane stuff" can become such a routine that we, no - I forget to love on my family, friends, church family...you name it.  Some of this loving comes naturally because I have Jesus Christ living in me but I want to go beyond that, to make them feel important, a priority, and most of all - Loved.  "Jesus said to him, " 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-39

I "love" this song by J.J. Heller - "What Love Really Means"


God is love.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. "Some of this loving comes naturally because I have Jesus Christ living in me but I want to go beyond that, to make them feel important, a priority, and most of all - Loved."
    I liked that A LOT!! I have been in 1 Cor 15:10 which says "By the grace of God I am what I am and his grace toward me was not in vain, on the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me." Naturally, becuase of the grace of God, we have a desire to love (like you said). However, Paul makes it clear that he worked (and worked HARD) to not just stop there, but to practice the act of proclaiming the gospel- going against the fleshly "mundane" things that get in the way. I had not related that passage to loving people until I read this but it is so true!
    You inspire me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I reread that statement I thought it sounded kinda weird, the first part anyway...I want to add that if it weren't for Jesus Christ living in me I wouldn't know how to love at all, I'm glad you can see through my inadequacies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...