Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Never a bridesmaid...


I had such good intentions to blog about this sooner but you know how it goes...anyway, the old saying goes "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" but for me it has been the opposite but that doesn't really make sense because I've only been a bride once, ha but you catch my drift.

So when my dear friend Kristina asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding I was overjoyed! I was so honored to stand up with her. There was really something special about the entire thing, and I had never thought about it before. The bride and all her bridesmaids were 'semi' secluded to a sunday school room in the church to help prepare the bride for the big event. Helping her with her gown, so that it looked just right, and whatever she needed. A young woman getting ready to enter into a union with the man God has hand picked for her, to make a life with him, to share every part of their lives together.

I thought I was really doing quite well with holding it all together but then I just sat and looked at her, really looked at her, and the tears began to well up, (I don't think I have ever cried at a wedding) but I've known this young woman for a while and knew how she has longed for this day and how amazing this moment really was and how God had worked to bring it about. This was the most beautiful wedding I have been to and I've been to plenty but mostly singing at them, I would take this bridesmaid gig any day of the week! It was incredibly special, the whole day was, from her walking down the isle to the sound of her groom serenading her with a song written just for her, to the vows spoken with love and confidence and the song they sang to each other about how God had each of them in mind when He made them, to the end of the night when they held each other in their arms on the dance floor.

Thank you, Kristina, for letting me be a part of your day, I will cherish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...