Friday, January 29, 2016

And so it begins...

I thought I would have posted several posts already this month but here it is January 29th and this is it.  There are so many exciting things I've wanted to share but haven't made the time to write them all down.  On January 1, 2016 -  James, Johnny, and I walked into Algoa Correctional Center to share Jesus through music, testimony, and the Word.  My husband preached like I've never heard or seen him before - it was simply amazing seeing God using him like this.  It was a night of defining moments, for the offenders and for us.  This is the beginning of something beautiful, challenging, life changing and more.  We are missionaries but instead of going across the land and sea, we are charging into prisons to share Christ with anyone who will listen....and they are listening.  They are listening, receiving, and being made new.  What an adventure!  I look back over the last couple of years and see God's hand all over my life, how He has brought me to this place, this special ministry; how He has equipped me, humbled me, and raised me up to do this good work.

Psalm 37:4-5
Delight yourself in the Lord,
    and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord;
    trust in him, and he will act.
 
This is exactly what He has done for me, for my husband, and for our friend, Johnny.
 
On January 14th, we went into Moberly Correctional.  I led worship, James preached, men gave their lives to Jesus.  On January 17th, I went with my friend, Arlene, to county jail.  I led worship and simply shared the gospel with them...and they got it.  Several ladies surrendered their lives over to Christ.  At Celebrate Recovery this month, I've had to privilege to pray with two women who prayed to receive Jesus as their Savior.  I am so in awe of God using this dirty, rotten, sinner - Christy Hoagland, as His instrument.  Help me, Lord, to never take these moments for granted, to always be in awe of who You are and how You love people, how You and You alone change lives.
 
The upcoming weekend and week ahead are busy...busy with service to our King.  What a life I get to live! God is so, so good.
 
 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...