Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's Not About Me, It's All About Him

Every once in a while I scribble a small X on my wrist.  A couple people have seen it and asked me 'why do you have an X on your wrist?'  And I explain...and even though it is a good discussion starter it isn't the reason I do it, it's not for them...it's for me.

The X is a visual reminder that 'it's not about me', sure some might get something tattooed like this or something else but I feel that if I intentionally write it on then I won't take it for granted and that I will be declaring and placing this day in the Lord's hands remembering that this day is not about me, it's all about Jesus.  You may be thinking...of course it is, you idiot!  Well, I know that but don't always act like I do.

I can't take credit for this seemingly small but significant to me thing, I heard a story on the radio and adopted it for myself.  And for the life of me can't remember who started it all.

I thought about writing a small cross instead that would declare 'it's all about Jesus!' but I'm afraid me would get in the way and over shadow that cross and that it wouldn't remind me (even though it should) that it wasn't about me.  It being life, successes, talents, everything!  I am such a selfish creature and I shudder to think what I would be without my Jesus, without His Holy Spirit living inside me battling my flesh.  Anything good in me comes from the One who saved me, Jesus.  It's all about Him, it always has been and always will be.  Sometimes...we need a reminder.

"Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me." Matthew 16:24

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...