Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Mardi Gras Mission Trip 2015 ~ The Fun


This was an entirely different trip this time around.  First of all, I was put in charge of this motley crew (they really were quite lovely though, a little crazy, but fun loving servants of Jesus).  And the craziest thing...I volunteered to do it!  We stayed at a different place, we did a service project for a church...it was just different and that's ok.

I'm really writing this post for purely selfish reasons.  I don't want to forget some of the adventures we shared during our time there.  Here's just a few:
  • Mark threw a baby alligator at me, a dead one...
  • Vanessa was beside herself when I told her we were going to Duck Commander on our way back to Missouri
  • Kaitlyn broke the shower knob off at the missions trailer we were staying at and my favorite part of this story is that it came off right away but she took her shower anyway, lol, and then proceeded to get help, but hey, I don't blame her
  • Mark thinking that Dava may have put said dead baby alligator in his bed one night
  • Someone letting one rip in the bathroom while the majority were having their quiet time one morning
  • Driving around for 45 minutes to an hour for a parking place and ending up paying $40 to park right across the street (several chipped in so it was ok)
  • I ate a donut bacon cheeseburger just like Guy Fieri on the Food Network at Memphis BBQ
  • We all ate grilled alligator at Mulate's, a Cajun restaurant in New Orleans (we also ate calamari, crawfish, frog legs...)
  • I saw no naked people...Praise Jesus
But the best things....
  • A rededication to Jesus
  • Someone hearing the story of Jesus for the very first time
  • Jesus Christ being exalted and praised
  • Love through service
  • Love through sacrifice
  • Love through surrender

 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...