Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

Wow, so many things to say...where do I begin?  I will start with the beginning of December, I think.   In October, (I know, I know) I applied for a job at Cornerstone Baptist Church (I love my new church!) as the Administrative Assistant, the current Admin. Asst was getting promoted to be the senior pastor's secretary so they were looking for someone to hire.  I was pretty excited about this, I prayed a lot, had my interview and waited, patiently of course.  And on December 7th, I started my first day on the job.  I love it and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God provided this job just for me.  That doesn't have much to do with Christmas but it was an important part of December.

Next came the making of our Christmas Card, I send tons of cards to people, this year I decided to do a photo card but wanted it to be memorable and fun.  This is what we came up with...
I already have some ideas for next year's Christmas Card, this is definitely going to become a tradition!

On December 17th, we hosted a Christmas party at our home.  I love having people in our home and during this time of year it is just a bonus.  We had a White Elephant Gift exchange, the gift I found lying around my house was a 1978 "Let's Disco!" book which I am sure came from my dad, he loved flea markets, garage sales, etc. and bought all kinds of strange things and then turned around and gave them to me or my sister.  I was excited to see a young friend of ours, Glen (a freshman in college and young minister) unwrap my groovy book.  He really got into it and when it was stolen he was quite devastated, he eventually stole it back and began learning some funky moves, it was very entertaining. 
 James got a pinwheel, some Alphabet flash cards though some were missing, and a toy ruler.  I got a couple workout DVDs, a Pamela Anderson one - oh my! and another one from the 1990s.  We also played games, ate tons of food, and chatted the night away.  It was a blast.

The following week our family went to my mom's on Christmas Eve morning and spent the day with my mom, stepdad, grandma, sister, brothers, and my two nieces.  It was a lovely day, we had a great feast, had a fun christmas gift exchange, and played some games together.  My brother, Curtis is very entertaining playing Guesstures.  That evening we had a Candle Light service at church, I sang "Sweet Little Jesus Boy" and then we received a lovely message from our pastor.  On Sundays this month he has been preaching about God becoming man.  What a miraculous thing for the Creator of the universe to wrap himself in flesh, come to earth, and grow up to die for us, ungrateful, dirty sinners.  What a gift of grace our God has given us for Christmas.

Christmas morning the boys opened all their stuff and then James' parents came over and some friends of ours, Jim and Darlene.  We had a lot of amazing food to feast upon and had a very nice visit.  James' parents went home around 3 to take naps or something and Jim and Darlene stayed to play games with us.  Yes, we love playing games.  We had a lovely Christmas, I am so very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...