Monday, March 30, 2015

Lay it Down

Last night I did jail ministry in a local county jail.  I've been a couple of times before, it is a humbling experience.  This time our leader asked if I would do the lesson and I asked her if I could share my testimony, she said yes so I began to prepare.  I also asked her if I could bring my keyboard with me and she said she would try to get it approved.  I've sang with the ladies before but with no music, which is fine but I thought they'd enjoy this.  About 30 minutes prior to my leaving, my keyboard got approved, so I packed it up and headed to the jail.

We had two groups of women, some I had seen before, some were new.  I printed lyrics for them to sing along and to take with them back to their cells, I hoped it would be an encouragement for them.  We prayed, sang, and there were lots of tears, I shared my testimony which is nothing glamorous...it's simply my story about surrender and how Jesus saved me.  It is really all about surrendering our will, laying down that pride, our fears, our life and following Him, letting Him have control.  I am so grateful for these opportunities and am so in awe of God using little ol me to do anything at all.

I have the privilege to do a concert for them in May, how awesome is our God!



 photo signature2.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...