Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Every year at Christmas, I may go a little overboard on decorating but James loves it so who cares, right?  Actually, he would like me to leave it up waaaayyy longer than I do, I can barely make it til New Years and often don't.  I may post some of my other rooms but for now, here's our family room (part of it anyway).  The last few years I have only put out stocking for the boys, I just hadn't found ones I really liked for all four of us, of course they have to be different, etc.  I was really wanting something rustic and I have seen a few I like but am also very cheap so haven't bought any of those.  I got these for half off at K-Mart.  They are cute, James likes them but now seeing them in the picture below I'm not so sure I like them as much as when I bought them.  Oh well, that's what we are having :)


I really do love about everything to do with Christmas, the carols, baking, shopping (although I haven't bought my kids squat yet...shhh, don't tell them - it's not about gifts anyway, right?), the smells, the Christmas movies, light displays, Christmas programs, Christmas parties, the Christmas novels I read (or try to), the sappy commercials, gift exchanges, Christmas cards, Christmas photos, Christmas letters, time with family!!, and the list goes on and on and on.  But in the busyness of all of this....Jesus needs to be remembered most, we need to rest in His presence, in the wonder of what an awesome and amazing thing God coming to earth wrapped in flesh really is.....miraculous.  This video says it well...let's not forget why we celebrate Christmas.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...