Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Here, take my tunic!

I have been reading in the book of Luke chapter 6 as of late...verses 27 - 30 say, "But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you.  To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also.  And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either.  Give to everyone who asks of you.  And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back."

I had let this certain organization use something of mine and I was thinking, I would love to use that at home.  Maybe I should go get that, after all they've had it for a long time and it even has my name on it.  Surely I can just ask for it back, no big deal.  I know they're getting a blessing from it but it's mine! I want to enjoy it! (whine, whine, whine)


Well, I'm positive God led me to this passage of scripture.  Still whining - I'm saying..."fine, I will let it go, keep it! And take my tunic too!"  I'll work on the attitute too - He already is showing me that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...